Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thing #2

I watched the 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners tutorial, and I think I'm on my way. I'm really good at setting goals. I don't set deadlines for them, but I do keep them in mind and take action when the time is right. I have too many ideas to act on them all at once, some have to sit on the shelf a little while before I can do anything about them.

I think the habit that I have the most trouble with is number 4. This doesn't mean I lack confidence in learning new things, but I think sometimes I am too hard on myself if I don't do as well as I think I should. There's actually a strange relationship between the amount of experience I have doing something and how hard I am on myself about it. If I am new to something I cut myself a lot of slack, but if it's something that I have experience with I have higher expectations for myself. One of my goals for this summer is to learn to lighten up.

No comments:

Post a Comment